Nature, walking and play

Close up photo of a mushroom poking through damp dry leaves.
Do I play? Day 2 of Bloganuary and I was already stumped.

January 2 Prompt: Do you play in your daily life? 

What says “playtime” to you?My first reaction was that, no, I don't have "playtime" in my daily life.

But this afternoon I took a nice walk in the rain. I checked out what was growing (mushrooms!) and took photos. I hatched a Pokemon and planted Pikmin flowers. 

This is my play.

Last year I was hoping to hike in more areas, but got put off when so many were closed at the beginning of 2023 due to storm damage. And somehow the year passed and I didn't get to the new trails (see my biggest challenges).

This year, I'm going to try it again.

I've downloaded the East Bay Regional Park District 2024 Trails Challenge guidebook and added the submission deadline to my calendar and bookmarked the local wildflower guides for spring flower identification.
Photo of the book Urban Trails East Bay

And for Christmas I got a copy of Alexandra Kenin's Urban Trails of the East Bay, which includes both nature and city walks.

I'm ready to explore!

Comments