Turkey Time Part II

More Thanksgiving links for your holiday enjoyment.

History and Entertainment
• You are the Historian: Investigating the First Thanksgiving from the Plimoth Plantation web site. (Flash)

• Snopes.com on the first Thanksgiving.

• Ask Metafilter discussion of Thanksgiving-themed movies for youths - I'm definitely going to check out Pieces of April (showing on Thanksgiving afternoon on TMC).

Recipes and cooking
• Wired reports on new tech gadgets and turkey cooking tips for geeks.

• Jones Soda Holiday Pack in two sets: Brussels Sprout with Prosciutto, Cranberry Sauce, Turkey & Gravy, Wild Herb Stuffing, and Pumpkin Pie OR Broccoli Casserole, Smoked Salmon Paté , Turkey & Gravy, Corn on the Cob, and Pecan Pie. All I can say is "Don't buy any for me!" (oh yes, and "ew").

• A suggestion from Slashfood to mash sweet potatos with orange juice. I may try it.

• A classic article from Sunset magazine, "The do's and don'ts of cooking turkey". Pair this with the 2005 Winners of the Sunset Thanksgiving Recipe contest.

• 17th Century recipes for spinach salad and pumpkin pie from Plimouth Plantation. Eat like the pilgrims.

Tags: , , ,

Comments