Gazing into the future, reflecting on the past

I feel like as I've gotten older, I have spent more time thinking about the past. 

January 5 Bloganuary Prompt: Do you spend more time thinking about the future or the past? Why?

It's not just that there is more in the past to reflect on, but that I've come to realize that the future is largely unknowable. 

I plan, I think about where things are heading, I imagine future technologies. But all it takes is a world-wide pandemic to knock everything onto a different path. And who knows what might happen a year, or a decade or a century from now?

I have hope for the future. And I'm interested in learning about the past. So truly it's both.

The animated image image at the top was created by extrapolate.app, which uses "AI" to extrapolate what you look like from baby to old age. I used a photo from when I was in college. And I can confidently say none of the generated images look like me.


Comments