Last Crop of the Year

We had a chilly rainy day yesterday, followed by almost-freezing temperatures over night, so I wasn't particularly surprised to find that all my basil plants had turned brown when I checked on the garden this afternoon. I decided it was time to harvest what was left of the peppers and tomatoes in my vegetable garden.


The peppers will be fine, and I'll probably toss whatever we don't eat this week into the freezer anyway. The tomatoes, on the other hand, may not be particularly tasty. I'll leave them out on the counter to see if they ripen any more, but they may be as ripe as they'll get. They probably aren't any worse than the artificially ripened tomatoes that you get in the supermarket.


My sugar snap peas, on the other hand, look like they are loving the nippy weather. I can hardly wait until there are enough pods to eat.

Comments