Advent Day 7: Can You Make a Winning Christmas Ornament, Menorah or Kinara?

The Kodak "A Thousand Words" blog has how-tos on using printouts of your digital photos to Christmas ornaments and a cute suggestion for making "my kids in a snow globe" cards.

If you are feeling creative in a newsy sort of way, check out the NPR Holiday Craft Contest.
Design either a handmade menorah or kinara (the candle holder for the Kwanzaa holiday) or a Christmas tree ornament. We are looking for designs that reflect the news of 2006. We also welcome quirky, funny and/or offbeat designs.
There will be two winners in each category.
Prizes: Swag from the NPR Shop: The Hanukkah Lights Gift Set for the menorah winner; an NPR Jazz Christmas Collection with Marian McPartland for the ornament winner; the I Heard it on NPR set of world music, jazz and blues CDs for the kinara winner.

Deadline: Dec. 11, 2006, no later than 11:59 p.m.
Get all the details here.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Anonymous said…
I like the options. In Australia right now everything is about Christmas and I am making my own Chanukah options at home. It gets tiring, though, being such a minority. It also means I have to eat a great deal of chocolate, since there's no-one else to check the quality of the contents of the choc parcels I made last night for instance.
Anonymous said…
Those prizes sound great. Unfortunately all my creativity is in writing, not art. :( Oh well. I suppose I could just buy the Jazz cd, but where's the fun in that? ;)
Anonymous said…
Cool idea - thanks for the tip off!