Countdown to Halloween: October 31 - BOO!
- SF Gate has masks you can print out and wear, from traditional monsters to Arnie.
- Winner of Matt Dinniman's 99 Word Words of Horror Contest: "Midnight Snack" by emeraldcite.
- New York Times Op Ed by Neil Gaiman: "Ghosts in the Machines". He describes Halloween in England, writing ghost stories and horror and haunting in real life.
- Sharon Cullar's very short story, "The Halloween Visit"
- A classic ghost story from 1904: "Oh, Whistle and I'll Come to You My Lad"
- Night of the Living Dead (1968) is now in the public domain. Download it at the Internet Archive
- Harry Houdini died on Halloween. Read about Houdini's life and death.
- List of haunted places in California
- Kodak has tips on taking (well, making) your own ghostly photos
- University of Central Floriday physics professor Costas Efthimiou explains why ghosts, vampires and zombies can't exist (original paper pdf). The Onion gets the take of the man on the street.
- K-Mart haunted house game (via Jay is Games). Warning: game play is occasionally interrupted by an ad.
- Halloween Hangman
Tags: Halloween, games, ghost stories