The 10 Minute Difference

Have you ever been sleep deprived? Dumb question, right? I've certainly had those "can't keep my eyes open" moments in a meeting. Sleep deprivation can be dangerous when driving or operating machinery, though. My first instinct has always been to try and keep myself awake - fresh air, coffee, propping my eylids open. Tasty Research summarizes a recent study on the effect of napping. They found that a 10 minute nap can lead to significantly improved alertness and cognitive performance in mildly sleep deprived people for up to an hour. Note that they didn't test anything as complex as operating a car, and it's best not to drive while drowsy, but it seems like it's worth taking 10 minutes to recharge to help get through the day. (Original article)

Comments

Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.