Am I now a sexy 14 year old?

OK, I'm not realy a sexy 14 year old, pretending to be 18; nor am I a 45 year old guy pretending to be 20. What is means is that I did it, I made a MySpace profile.

So far MySpace seems like an odd beast. It has a really crappy, user-unfriendly interface, at least if you want to modify the way your profile looks. Most people get their "look" from 3rd party sites, which is probably why some of them are so hard to read. Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm old - as far as I can tell, the majority of the people with profiles are under 25. The "blog" seems much less sophisticated than blogger. I'll probably just post some silly things there, and leave the meat for this blog. The oddest thing (to me) is that there is no easy interface to the internet, beyond an RSS feed for the blog. Leaving people messages and viewing their pictures all requires a MySpace membership - it's kind of like a throwback to the old CompuServe and AOL days, when the assumption was that all of your friends and contacts would be on the same system.

If you are on MySpace, stop by and say hello. (The music comes on automatically, 'cause I can't figure out how to shut it off. Sorry about that.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm experiencing myspace weirdness as well the past couple days. It's interesting, at least, but I'm with you - no way is it a better place for a blog.
jennifersando said…
Hey there, totally agree with you about myspace. I have a profile but I use it sparingly because I can't take the interface! (And it's sooooooo slow!)
Peggy K said…
It is incredibly slow sometimes - especially midafternoon, when, I suppose, the bulk of the Myspacers are just home from school.