Recipe: Persimmon Bread
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
2. Blend 2 eggs, 3/4 cup sugar and 1/2 cup oil.
3. Mix 1 cup persimmon pulp (I mash mine in a blender) with 1 teaspoon baking soda. Mix the persimmon-soda blend into the egg-sugar-oil mixture
4. Mix 1-1/2 cups sifted flour, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon salt. To the dry ingredients add 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts and 1/2 cup raisins.
5. Fold the dry ingredients into the persimmon-egg-oil-sugar mix. Don't overmix.
6. Pour the batter into a 3x4x9 inch oiled lof pan.
7. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
8. Let cool, then loosen the bread from the pan with a knife (if necessary). Wrap tightly.
This freezes well, so I usually make two.
Tags: recipe, persimmon, bread