Turkey Time Again
It can be a trying time, with travel or preparation for relatives and friends to visit and feast. The important thing is to remember the spirit of the holiday: thankfulness for what you have.
Here are a few links to get you into the mood:
• Senses Working Overtime has Thanksgiving-themed radio shows from the 1940s and 1950s. The links expire so click them while you can.
• Learn about Thanksgiving at the Whitehouse. Apparently after the turkeys are given their "official pardon", they are going to Disneyland.
• Think you can't cook? You could be worse, you could be like one of these people who called a turkey hotline.
• The Genalogue lists the Top Ten Signs You May be Descended from Pilgrims. The number one sign: "Once, when driving to Virginia, you ended up in Massachusetts."
• Listen to Martha Stewart talk about Thanksgiving and learn Mama Stamberg's Cranberry Relish recipe on NPR.
• See videos at Epicurious that demonstrate deep frying a turkey and other holiday cooking techniques.
• Dvorak Uncensored reports on web sites that post "Black Friday" (AKA the day after Thanksgiving) specials in advance.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Update: Mom has pointed out that SFGate has a good roundup of Thanksgiving recipes and food-related information.
Tags: cooking, Thanksgiving, holiday, shopping