The Observation Deck and Writers Dreaming

I don't know where to trace the line between reality and fantasy. Once I said this in a lecture and a person in the audience said I needed therapy. I said, if I go into therapy what will I write about? Without my demons what will I write about? It's true. Sometimes I don't know what has really happened in my life and what I wrote that I thought happened and maybe it never did. (Isabel Allende in Writers Dreaming)
Brian at Atomic Bear Press suggests that the Observation Deck by Naomi Epel is a useful tool to get around writer's block.

Epel also has a book called "Writers Dreaming", with observations by authors such as Isabelle Allende and Stephen King about their dreams and nightmares and the relationship of those to their writing.

Both look worth checking out.

Tags: ,

Comments

Walter Mason said…
I've just become immersed in "Writers Dreaming" and I didn't know about this other book - I'm going to have to check it out!