Better Popup/Popunder blocking in Firefox

I use Firefox as my web browser and recently I've been noticing that more and more popunder ads are evading the Firefox popup blocker. Pete Bevin points out that these tenacious ads are launched using Flash. He has come up with a very simple solution that only requires the addition of a line to the Firefox config file. His instructions make it painless (if you are using a Mac, right-click is the same as control-click).

(via Dvorak Uncensored)

Tags: ,

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for the link Peg. I am sure that they will find other ways to do it, but not for a while I hope. I hate pop up's.
Steve said…
This a great technique, but the original link is broken. Here's another URL to someone suggesting the same thing.

http://www.olongcha.com/2008/04/05/disable-popunder-ads-in-firefox/
Anonymous said…
The original link and the one in the comment replacing it are now both broken.